We try to be as ‘eco-friendly’ at Le Chant d’Oiseau as we possibly can. If you can follow a few simple guidelines as outlined below, you’ll help us to help the environment!
- We ask all our guests to recycle their waste. We provide the bins for you to do this. We ask that you use the bottle/can crusher when recycling plastics and tin. This means more recycled waste will fit into the bins, and therefore fewer trips to the recycling centre for us. That saves fuel, and therefore carbon emissions!
- We encourage our guests to use our ‘downloads’ page to print off their own visitor materials. This reduces the amount of ink, paper and electricity we use. It’s better for the environment, and will hopefully cut our own costs, helping us to keep your holidays affordable too. Please help.
- We compost as much as we can all year round, this helps us again by providing a source of compost for the plants around Le Chant. Please feel free to use the composter situated in the corner of the site, by the chicken run.
- A site even as small as Le Chant needs alot of light for you to see by during the night. We try to use only eco bulbs around the place, again saving electricity. You’ll notice that we use alot of solar lights around the place too, to light pathways etc.
- We ask that you turn OFF the lights in the shower block and in the gites when you don’t need them on. Please pass this simple saving on to your kids. We have huge power costs here at Le Chant, and by making some savings, we can hopefully save YOU some cash when you book with us!
- The log burners here use only locally sourced wood, from managed and sustainable forests.
- We respectfully ask that sensible use of electric heating is made whilst on site. If you’re NOT in the gite, please turn OFF the heating. It won’t take long to heat up the rooms when you return. The gites have walls a metre thick and superb roof insulation (wattle & daub) ensuring a warm and cosy gite for your stay.
- We endeavour to use ‘eco-friendly’ cleaning products whenever available.
Thankyou for reading, and we look forward to your stay with us.
Le Chant d’Oiseau is the place to rest awhile, recharge your batteries and unwind. Hope to see you soon!
Stu & Syb Bradley. Le Chant d’Oiseau.